Web export is a special form of export. Rather than exporting your writing, it exports the database that contains your writing. That is, this is not a human readable form of export.
The purpose of the web export is to allow you to capture the entire database in order to recover lost information in the event of some sort of catastrophic error.
In order to export your entire database:
- Tap Backup and then Web Export from the Writing Selection Screen
- Auteureist™ will create a database for export.
- The screen will display information on how to use your web browser to connect to Auteureist™
- From your desktop machine, start your web browser (any web browser on any platform should work.
- Go to the URL shown in Auteureist.
- Click the link for your database that is displayed on your desktop web browser. This will download the database to the desktop machine.
NOTE: The download can take a long time if you have a large database.
The Web Export Screen.